pinoybekibrothers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tour de France 2012 Preview

4 posters

Go down

Tour de France 2012 Preview Empty Tour de France 2012 Preview

Post  Original_Sigbin Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:33 pm

Rota nila

Running from Saturday June 30th to Sunday July 22th 2012, the 99th Tour de France will be made up of 1 prologue and 20 stages and will cover a total distance of 3,497 kilometres.

These stages have the following profiles:

9 flat stages
4 medium mountain stages - one with a summit finish
5 mountain stages - two with a summit finish
2 individual time-trial stages
1 prologue
2 rest days

Distinctive aspects of the race

The 2012 Tour de France will have 25 mountain level two, level one or highest level mountain passes or summit fi nishes.
They will be divided up geographically in the following way:

1 in the Vosges
3 in the Jura
4 in the Swiss Jura
6 in the Alps
11 in the Pyrenees
Original_Sigbin
Original_Sigbin

Back to top Go down

Tour de France 2012 Preview Empty Re: Tour de France 2012 Preview

Post  kumagako Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:39 am

ano yung Jura?

Jurachick?

Tour de France 2012 Preview Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1wsRpSzSOiMZ55eD4JRczNBvGLVd1GnhpD2Or2llWg5-DAAwX
kumagako
kumagako

http://www.cyclingsolutions.biz

Back to top Go down

Post  Original_Sigbin Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:44 am

sigbin yan.... hehehehe hehehehe
Original_Sigbin
Original_Sigbin

Back to top Go down

Post  Original_Sigbin Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:19 pm

Andy Schleck misses the Tour de France with a broken pelvis

Former Tour de France winner Andy Schleck is out of this year's race, saying he has no chance of being fit in time for the 30 June start.

The RadioShack-Nissan rider, 27, fractured his pelvis in a crash during the Criterium du Dauphine last week.

"I'm not going to be in [the Tour]," Schleck said. "I will need to be back to 100% before I can [resume] riding."

Schleck, from Luxembourg, still hopes to be fit for London 2012 and the Vuelta (Tour of Spain) in August.

Scans following the accident on 7 June revealed the fracture.

He added: "Yesterday, I tried going riding for an hour in the rain but I realised straight away that it would be impossible.

"When I abandoned the Dauphine I was in pain, but that was even worse. After that, I knew that I could not go to the Tour."

Schleck, who has finished the Tour as runner-up three times, was awarded the 2010 title following the disqualification of Spain's Alberto Contador for doping offences.

This will be the first time Schleck, a major rival of Britain's Bradley Wiggins, has missed the race since making his debut in 2008 with CSC.
Original_Sigbin
Original_Sigbin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiko Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:12 pm

kumagako wrote:ano yung Jura?

Jurachick?

Tour de France 2012 Preview Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1wsRpSzSOiMZ55eD4JRczNBvGLVd1GnhpD2Or2llWg5-DAAwX

bekichick?

jurachickbeki?
Kiko
Kiko

Back to top Go down

Post  Proud2bpinoy Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:21 pm

RBR Newsletter Issue No. 533 - 06/21/12

Overheard – Tour de France Preview Edition
--- “You keep hoping it is getting better. But when they told me the bad news, the world fell apart: I’m not going to be the winner of the 2012 Tour. I’m not even going to be in the race. The second day I couldn’t stand the pain anymore and had to get off the bike. I’ve broken my collarbone two times, but this is by far the most painful injury I’ve had.”

-- Andy Schleck, at the news conference announcing that he will not compete in the Tour de France, which begins June 30 in Liège, Belgium. He crashed in the time trial a week earlier at the Critérium du Dauphine, apparently felled by a gust of wind, but the injury went undiagnosed for several days.

In the crash, Schleck fractured his sacrum, a bone that connects the pelvis to the lower back. He finished the stage, but two days later the pain forced him to abandon the race.

The news was a devastating blow to the RadioShack-Nissan team, which already was not having a good year but had anticipated working for Schleck to challenge Cadel Evans (BMC) and Bradley Wiggins (Team Sky) for the TdF title. Now, the team will soldier on without their best hope, and with a lineup that is both old (Chris Horner, Jens Voigt, et al) and effectively training for the Olympics (Fabian Cancellara).

Frank Schleck did, though, have a good 2nd place showing in the just-completed Tour de Suisse.

Andy Schleck is expected to return in time for the Olympic road race July 28.
Proud2bpinoy
Proud2bpinoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down